- ISAAC supports the use of AAC around the world through the sharing of ideas and information. Events such as International AAC Awareness Month, our biennial conference, ISAAC E-News and regular email alerts keep ISAAC international members well-informed about our organization and activities worldwide.
Latest ISAAC E-News: December 2016 Edition (PDF, 1 MB)
- ISAAC Social Media Policy, Guidelines and Best Practices, Approved August 7, 2016 (PDF, 533 kB)
- Conference 2022 Letter of Interest Announcement (PDF, 377 kB)
- Conference 2020 Letter of Interest Announcement (PDF, 379 kB)
- Happy Thanksgiving from USSAAC (PDF, 131 kB)
- Proposal for the Formation of a Spanish-speaking Chapter of ISAAC – November 18, 2016 (PDF, 270 kB)
- USSAAC Board 2017 – Call for Nominations (PDF, 342 kB)
- In Memory of Paul Marshall, February 17, 1963 – October 25, 2016 (video created by, and shared with the permission of, Shirley McNaughton). Thanks to Blissymbolics Canada for making this material available.
- International Leaders in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Gather in Toronto, Ontario August 6th – 13th (PDF, 208 kB)
- TADDAC Announces Availability of One Consumer Seat Representing the Speech-to-Speech User Community (PDF Flyer, 454 kB) Application Form for Consumer Representatives to TADDAC and/or EPAC (PDF Application Form, 274 kB)
- Press Release: Gregor Renner of the Catholic University of Applied Sciences Freiburg (Germany) is the new President of the International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC) (PDF, 222 kB)
- Prof. Dr. Gregor Renner von der Katholischen Hochschule Freiburg ist neuer Präsident der internationalen Gesellschaft für Unterstützte Kommunikation (ISAAC) (PDF, 167 kB)
- “Ghost Boy” Author Martin Pistorius Attracts Wide Media/Social Media Interest (PDF, 194 kB)
- ISAAC Council Adopts Position Statement on Facilitated Communication, July 20, 2014
- In the extensive review of the many submissions received by the ISAAC ad hoc committee on Facilitated Communication, a number of submissions were inadvertently misplaced in email transmission from the ISAAC office to the ad hoc committee. These omissions were identified in June 2014 and the omitted submissions items have now been included in the review report. The committee has agreed that the additional information has not changed the Draft Position Statement on Facilitated Communication. ISAAC members are invited to view and read the updated Report in the “members-only” portion of the ISAAC website.
- Scholarships Available for MSc Program at the University of Dundee, Scotland (PDF, 168 kB)
- Supporting People who use AAC and Families Around the Globe: Questionnaire (PDF, 248 kB) Responses due by June 1st
- AAC Flash Mob! AAC Awareness Event at Mohawk College, Hamilton, Canada (PDF, 396 kB)
- Professor Stephen Hawking to receive first ISAAC Lifetime Achievement Award at Conference 2014 (PDF, 168 kB)
- New Professionals’ Travel Assistance Grant for Attending the ISAAC 2014 Biennial Conference – Sponsored by AssistiveWare® (PDF, 97 kB)
- Call for Seminar Proposals for the 2014 ISAAC Research Symposium (PDF, 310 kB)
- Conference 2016: Request for Letters of Interest (PDF, 218 kB) – Submissions no longer being accepted
- ISAAC Facilitated Communication (FC Committee): Information on New Submissions to be Considered (UPDATE) (PDF, 245 kB))
- ISAAC International and the AAC Editors, in conjunction with Informa, publishers of the AAC journal, are pleased to announce the creation of a new program designed to provide ISAAC Chapters and their members with direct and free access to selected articles.
- DRAFT ISAAC Governance Policy for Social Media (Members Only section)
- ISAAC Facilitated Communication (FC) Committee (PDF, 210 kB)
- Facilitated Communication Position Statement: Update and Next Steps (PDF, 105 kB)
- ISAAC Announces the Formation of a Committee to Develop an Official Position Statement on Facilitated Communication (FC) (PDF, 301 kB)
- ISAAC Executive Board 2013-2014: Call for Nominations (PDF, 49 kB)
- ISAAC Website Launch on October 6th, 2011 (PDF, 43 kB)