One of ISAAC’s main goals is to promote research and development in all areas of AAC by:
- providing guidelines and advice concerning a research priorities to be communicated within and outside of the ISAAC organization, with particular emphasis on publishing the AAC journal and hosting a biennial ISAAC Research Symposium
- providing appropriate and effective channels to communicate/disseminate research results
- enhancing and extending opportunities for ISAAC projects by assisting in developing research design
- strengthening ISAAC’s connection with AAC researchers in research centers worldwide
- monitoring funding opportunities and partnerships that have the potential to further the growth of research
- encouraging a new generation of researchers to participate in communication.
ISAAC has limited funding available to support emerging researchers to who wish to attend the Biennial Conference of ISAAC. Details and applications will be available prior to ISAAC 2016, to be held in Toronto, Canada.